Growing & Keeping Norval Orser’s Vision in Orillia
In 1934, Norval Orser had a vision! It was to establish an electric motor rewinding shop in Orillia. After training in Chicago at the Coyne Electrical School, he opened a small shop on West Street in 1934. The company soon realized a significant growth with the use of electricity becoming more and more popular.
Expansion to Industrial Electrical Contracting & Supplies
By 1952 the company had outgrown its small premises and moved to a larger location on West Street. In 1974, moving to 301 Forest Avenue, the electrical contracting division, the motor repair and rewind division were expanded. Along with this came the establishment of the retail and wholesale industrial electrical supply store. William Bundy purchased Orser in 1977 and acquired new premises on the same property.
On the Hill Overlooking Orillia
In 1995, three employees purchased the company, and Orser Technical Services is currently owned and operated by A.R. (Tony) Telford. In early 2004, we moved to our present location: 655 Harvie Settlement Road. Stop by and see us on the hill behind the Home Depot overlooking Orillia.
Still Growing & Going Green
Today Orser Technical Services is still growing but in a new way – an environmentally friendly way of doing business. The future is green technologies and, with that in mind, Orser Technical has moved into e-cycling equipment and electronics instead of letting their parts and chemicals ending up in our landfills. Orser is also now on the leading edge of microgeneration and new solar technologies for clean energy and potential profit centres for Ontario landowners.